Do all people receive God’s call in the same way? Is one way more authentic than another? The ways God calls people has varied throughout history and is unique from person to person.
Oswald Chambers said in his book, My Utmost for His Highest, “The realization of the call in a person’s life may come like a clap of thunder or it may dawn gradually.” God calls people on an individual basis. It is important for you to understand that no two callings are alike.
How do you recognize God’s call in your life?
- Some people experience a dramatic manifestation in their calling (Acts 9).
- Some people are called at a very young age (Jeremiah 1:5).
- Some people experience the call of God through a growing conviction.
- Some people experience a commissionary call (Acts 11).
- Some people are called through a divine intersection.
If God is calling you, it is important to be secure in your call. Nothing can or should replace the inner, inaudible voice of God calling you to ministry. Trust that He has strategically aligned you with the perfect calling to complement your unique situation.
In our next podcast, we will talk about some common misconceptions about the call of God. Until then, be open, attentive, and willing to explore God’s call in your life.